Thank you so much MomNeedsToVent (mom1978) for nominating me for the Liebster Award!
(click on the name of the Blog to go and check it out!)
What is the Liebster Award you ask? Well, it is a way for people to share their blogs and for others to discover new ones! It is for bloggers with less than 200 followers to receive.
Here are the rules:
Feel free to use the image above to show the rules on your blog. Or, you can write them out within your post.
First I will answer the questions that were asked of me:
1. How do you rid yourself of stress?
I love to read or play board games with the kids to rid myself of stress! (although, our game nights can get pretty crazy!)
2. Are you happy with your life choices so far regarding home and career?
Quite simply, yes. I have been in a place where I was not happy, so I changed it.
About 5 months ago I was unhappy in my career. I loved my job, but I hated the time it was taking away from family. It had caused a lot of issues as I travelled a lot and worked long hours. I decided to find the same line of work but closer to home. I quit my job without a backup plan (crazy, I know!) and within 24 hours I had been blessed with a job offer close to home, great hours, and I hadn`t even applied (I had posted on Facebook I quit my job and my now-boss who is friends with me on Facebook inboxed me asking if I would be interested in a position with his company).
3. How long does it take you to “get ready” to leave the house?
Depends on where we are going and how early in the morning. Right now it really doesn’t take long since my children are older and know the expectations for getting ready to leave (i.e., if I say “we are running up town, get your shoes on” …they do). In the mornings to get off to work it take me about an hour and a half to get ready, but I only wake the kids up 30 minutes before we leave.
4. Do you wear yoga pants for times other than doing yoga?
I don’t think I have yoga pants… are those like leggings? Wait.. I’m going to Google it (man, I am out of touch!). Okay.. they are like leggings. I have a pair of pant/legging things that I wear with a big sweater, does that count?
5. What is your favorite book?
Good question! Depends on my mood. Right now I am reading some Grisham, who I love, but also re-reading the Potter series. I think Potter wins. Favourite book specifically… that’s hard… maybe Order of the Phoenix.
6. What is your favorite movie?
Um…. I really can’t think of one. I am not much of a movie person. I mainly watch kids movies nowadays.
7. What do you hope to do in retirement to make it enjoyable?
Relax with family.
8. Are you a cat or a dog person?
Both! I have one of each and love cats and dogs. I had my cat first… so maybe a bit more of a cat person.
9. What’s your most embarrassing moment?
I am sure I had a bunch growing up, but nothing sticks out.
10. What do you miss about your pre-parent self?
Not a whole lot. I was 19 and had nothing figured out before I was a parent at 20.
11. What kind of car would you buy if money were no object?
So… many… choices… something classic. No lambos or any flashy cars like that!
Questions for the Nominees:
I am going to cheat and use the same questions asked of me.
- How do you rid yourself of stress?
- Are you happy with your life choices so far regarding home and career?
- How long does it take you to “get ready” to leave the house?
- Do you wear yoga pants for times other than doing yoga?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What do you hope to do in retirement to make it enjoyable?
- Are you a cat or a dog person?
- What’s your most embarrassing moment?
- What do you miss about your pre-parent self?
- What kind of car would you buy if money were no object?