Who am I? I am a mother of two who works full time as a Project Coordinator in the Construction Industry. I recently turned 30 (which really wasn’t as bad as people make it out to be!) and have been separated from my ex-husband for a little over one year. The above pictures are me.. before and after I donated my hair in July. I chopped off 14″ and sent it to 360 Hair in Langley, British Columbia. You can check them out here: 360 Hair – How to Donate Hair.
My children are 7 and 10. I also have a 12-year old cat who has been with me since College and a one year old puppy. In my spare time I love to read, sew and binge-watch Netflix (who doesn’t?).
I am diving into the world of Foster Parenting and want to share my experiences and feelings through the process from the beginning. Not only will this be a form of journaling for myself in order to document my experiences, but also I hope it will help others see what goes into becoming a Foster Parent in my part of Ontario, Canada.
Disclaimer about my posts:
- I will never post pictures of Foster Children.
- I will never discuss situations of Foster children or post any names.
- Any information about my training completed is for general reference and should not be used as a training tool.
- I will not post case studies or specific stories from my training for confidentiality reasons.
- The posts are my own information and opinions.
- Please remember I am new to all of this. I am sharing information as I learn. If you feel any of the information is incorrect, please let me know.
- Also, please remember I am in Canada, so the process will probably be different if you are in a different Country.