Now that I am almost through the Application/Assessment phases to become a Foster Parent I have decided to sum it up with links to my Process-specific posts over the course of the past year.
- My First Meeting with CAS (Children’s Aid Society – in Ontario)
- Submitting the Application Package. Within a week of my first meeting with CAS I submitted the required paperwork.
- Application Review with my Home Study worker
- My PRIDE Training (required for my area)
- Car Seat Training (required)
- Full Home Study Prep List (SAFE Assessment)
- Home Study Appointment #1
- Home Study Appointment #2
- Home Study Appointment #3 (coming up April 21, 2016)
- Official Approval (estimated to arrive in May/Early June)
- First Placement (estimated to arrive in June or July)
I have other posts that touch on the specific processes, but more of additional information or my thoughts, including a time line to show how long it has taken to get this far! Feel free to browse all of my posts for more.